Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring and Summer

We have sleet outside this morning. Temperatures in the thirties. I need to go get new tires for the car today. I know somehow, deep inside, that spring is here and that summer is coming. I can't deny this even though the harshness of the winter that we had this year stays with me. We have a yard full of squirrels and the guys are coming to cut the grass this weekend. We rented two beach houses for our 55th anniversary family gathering this summer. Summer at Long Beach is a wonderful thing to think about. We will have the kids and the grandkids as well as Sammy, our Great grandkid. It will be wonderful. What have I done to deserve all of this? Well, nothing at all. We are a grown up family that needs each other. That is the wonderful part about what we are doing.

1 comment:

  1. I am happily and excitedly anticipating our celebration together this summer at Long Beach. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete